What is marble cake? A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate. It is usually made with cake batter and a chocolate batter. 🙂
Marble cake is one of my favorite cakes, It’s perfect with a cup of coffee or tea during the day. It is a rich, moist and buttery cake with chocolate swirls. Super easy to make but just like Lapis Surabaya, this cake needs a lot of eggs.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 12 egg yolks
- 400gr butter
- 400gr sugar
- 300gr all purpose flours
- 20gr of milk powder
- 2tsp sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2tsp vanilla
- 1/2tsp ovalet (optional)
- 8 egg whites
- 5gr Kakao powder
H O W T O P R E P A R E
- Beat butter, sugar, ovalet and vanilla around 8 min at high speed.
- Decrease speed, add egg yolks one by one until smooth and condensed milk then increase the mixer speed again. Mix it around 8 min.
- Sift the flour and powdered milk, then in the lowest speed add flour gradually enough until just flat. Turn off the mixer.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate place until stiff.
- Add gradually the egg whites to the yellow mixture .. stirring again with a spatula. Smooth it out.
- Take 1/3 part stir with cocoa powder.
- Prepare a baking sheet, pour the yellow dough then continue the chocolate dough. Keep repeating until it’s done.
- Bake at 180 degrees around 50 minutes.
Puncture test … cooked … remove the pan. Chill … cut it and enjoy !