I don’t know why people call Mud Cake / Kue Lumpur. The cake is soft and moist, good for as snack when tea time. It is Indonesia snack. Original with coconut milk and potato but in my recipe I use fresh milk and no potato. Still soft and moist.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 250gr potatoes, steam, set aside
- 125gr sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Flour 125 gr
- Coconut meat (optional)
- Vanilla paste
- 250ml coconut milk (using the smallest amount and then thawing until 250ml)
- 70gr margarine, thaw
H O W T O P R E P A R E
- Beat sugar, eggs, vanilla with mixer until thick
- Move the mixer to low speed, add flour, coconut milk and potatoes alternately
- If already flat, turn off the mixer, enter margarine, stir well using a spatula
- Heat the mold on the stove (low heat), just apply margarine for the first time, the next round doesn’t need to be.
- Enter the dough, close the mold, right in the middle of the mat, put the decoration on top, can be raisins or dates, cover again until cooked.