Thanks to my husband I got this pasta maker and I can make noodles too. Making your own Egg Noodles is one of the best thing you can do! I am loving this machine
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 large egg
- enough water
- 130 gr bread flours
- 1/2 tsp salt
H O W T O P R E P A R E
T H E N O O D L E S
- Crack and egg into a bowl and add enough water to get 65 gr
- Mix a bit and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix flour with salt
- Then pour in egg mixture and mix
- Using your hand, start kneading until everything comes together around 10 minutes. It’s a stiff and hard dough, give it time.
- Make into a square, more or less and cover the dough with cling film
- Rest for 30 minutes
- Then bash using a rolling pin for another 10 minutes
- This will help develop gluten without hard kneading
- Cover with cling film and rest for 30 minutes
- Roll the dough into 1-2 mm thick
- Then cover both sides of the dough with generous amount of flour to prevent from sticking
- Fold the dough into 4, without pressing it.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 2 mm strips
- Then sprinkle more flour and toss to loosen the noodles.
B O I L I N G T H E N O O D L E S
- Bring a pot of 6 3/4 cup water (1.7 liter) together with generous salt and
- 2tsp of baking soda to a boil
- Place in the noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes or until fully cooked
- Drain noodles and rinse under cold water.
- Drizzle with some oil and toss the noodles together to prevent from sticking. Ready to be used in your favourite recipe.
N O T E S
- Do not add more water when you see the dough is hard while kneading. It’s supposed to be like that. Just keep on kneading and it will come together.
- Weight ratio of flour to egg water is 2:1
- When boiling the noodles, start with 1tsp baking soda and adjust to your liking
- Keep well in the fridge up to 3 days
recipe by elmundoeats