Mie Gomak – Fried Noodles from North Sumatra, Indonesia. The spicy noodles soup which is served in coconuts milk and andaliman based broth (its an Indonesian pepper closely related to Sechuan Pepper). I decided to do the Fried version instead. The special noodles is called Mie Lidi (Batak style spaghetti) which is quite similar to spaghetti pasta.
Two of my new friends, Mega @laponababan
and Pepy @indonesiaeats gave me the inspiration to cook this Noodle dish ( Latah mode ON)
So when I got the recipe from those 2 gorgeous ladies, I did look it up through Google and youtube and found this version which is using Ginger, Galangal and Tumeric in it.
Since I didn’t have andaliman I substitute it with black pepper and the Mie Lidi, I used Bucatini n. 9.
- Bucatini n. 9
- Candle nuts, Dried shrimps
- Shallots, Garlic, Chillies
- Tumeric, Ginger and Galangal
- Coconut Milk, Tomatoes, Carrots
- Black pepper and Salt
- Shrimps, Romano Salads and Eggs
How to prepare:
- Cook your pasta with carrots for 10minutes.
- Mix everything with your blender until they become smooth then saute them until they a little bit dry then put in the beaten eggs and shrimps.
- Fry them and put it Salt for the taste, I did put a little bit of oyster sauce for taste but not much.
- That’s it!