Martabak Manis or Terang Bulan or Hok Lo Pan is a very popular night snack in Indonesia. The Hok Lo People from Bangka Belitung created this thick pancake.
You can choose the filling for this thick pancake either with choco sprinkles, sesame seeds, crushed toasted peanut, condensed milk or with grated cheese, choco sprinkles and condensed milk.
I N G R E D I E N T S
F I R S T S T E P
- 225gr all purpose flour
- 20gr maizena
- 30gr sugar
- 250ml water
- 3/4tsp baking powder
S E C O N D S T E P
- 3/4tbsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 50ml water
T O P P I N G
- Skippy Peanut Butter crunchy
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Condensed Milk
H O W T O P R E P A R E
- Mix flour, maizena, baking powder, sugar and water
- Stir using a mixer until all ingredients are combined until it’s fluffy
- Add the eggs and baking powder, then stir well using spatula
- Leave the dough for at least 1 hour, I left mine for 3 hours
- Add water and baking soda mixed with water before you cook this
- Heat Teflon on medium heat. Check with sprinkles of water into the pan, if its bubbly then the frying pan is warm
- Stir well the baking soda with water then add vanilla flavouring.
- Pour them into your martabak batter, use spatula to stir until all blends.
- Pour mixture into Teflon, flatten the dough to stick to the edges of the Teflon
- Wait until the bubbles rise, reduce the heat slightly
- Sprinkle sugar on it to help the bubbles burst
- Cover the dough until it cooks and the top is not sticky
- After the martabak is cooked, immediately spread with butter on the entire surface
- Cut the martabak in half
- Sprinkle with peanut butter, chocolate sprinkles, sesame, and sweetened condensed milk
- Stack the martabak together, then cut it into pieces
- Martabak Manis is ready to be served. Enjoy!