Finally I had time to rebaked this viral Korean Garlic Cheese Bread 🤭
In Sweden we also had this kind of bread but we fill it with sweet cream cheese and done it in rectangles instead round buns.
These bread is so delicious and very tempting, the combination between the butter, parsley, garlic, cream cheese and I added Parmesan on top of it is awesome! I am using fresh spices for these buns because I didn’t have the dried one.
Another favorite in the family ❤️
Ok, here is the recipe for the Korean Version
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 400gr Bread flours
- 150ml warm water
- 50ml milk
- 1tsp dry yeast
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1/2tsp sugar
C R E A M C H E E S E
- 200gr cream cheese
- 100ml whipped cream
- 1tbsp honey or sugar
G A R L I C B U T T E R
- 150gr butter
- 1tbsp minced garlic
- 1tbs minced or dry parsley
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp parmesan cheese powder (optional)
H O W T O P R E P A R E
- In a mixer or bread machine, add in all of the ingredients starting with water, milk, yeast, sugar, bread flour, salt and egg.
- Knead for 20 minutes until it is elastic. Let it proof for an hour.
- Remove the air from the dough on a dusted surface and shape into a disk.
- Divide it into 4 pieces. Roll them into a ball.
- Let it proof for about an hour or until double in size.
- Spread some water onto the dough and bake it in a preheated oven at 180C for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven once golden brown and cover lightly with a kitchen towel while cooling.
- To make the filing, combine melted salted butter, egg, parmesan cheese, dried herbs, sugar, minced garlic and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Slice the cooled buns into 8 pieces, making sure that the knife does not go all the way down.
- Fill the buns with soften cream cheese.
- Soak each bun with the garlic-butter mixture that we made earlier.
- Dust with some potato flakes and pipe out more cream cheese onto the middle of the bun before baking it in a preheated oven at 180C for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm!