These butter cookies is so delicious and literally melt in your mouth. One of my kids favorite cookies. Each time I baked these, they snatched it so fast and voila after a while my cookie tin is empty!
These cooking could become a project with your children and bake it together. Share these with your family and friends!
Perfect for your afternoon tea/coffee, each bit of the buttery cookies will literally melt in your mouth. It’s hard to stop eating after the first bite.
- 150r plain flour / all-purpose flour
- 3gr corn flour / corn starch
- 20gr custard powder
- 160gr butter, softened at room temperature
- 50gr icing sugar
- 1/4tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp baking powder
How to prepare:
- Combine the plain flour, corn flour, custard powder and baking powder and sift through a sieve. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and icing sugar until fluffy and pale. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Sift in the flour mixture. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Lightly knead into a dough. Wrap with a plastic film and roll into a tube in 3½cm thickness.
- Wrap it up and refrigerate for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until it’s workable.
- Preheat oven to 180C / 356F. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Remove the dough from refrigerator.
- Slice into 1½cm-thick portions.
- Place each portion in single layer on the lined trays, each at least 3cm apart.
- Use a lightly greased fork to gently press the small dough.
- Bake in preheated oven, for about 15 minutes, or until lightly brown. Remove from oven and let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack until completely cool down.
- If you don’t have two baking trays or your oven is not big enough, you can bake in two batches. Keep the rest of the dough in refrigerator.
- If the weather is too warm, you find the dough is too greasy. Don’t worry. Just chill the dough for awhile until workable.
- I love simple cookies with a rustic look. You might like to use a cookies cutter or any moulds to make some delicate patterns on your cookies.