Kue Putri Ayu – Steamed Pandan Coconut Cakes. The flavour combination of pandan and coconut never fails!
These kue is also one of my favorites kue for my tea time.
These spongey cakes are a delightful combination of salty and sweet—salty from the coconut mixture on top and sweet from the pandan leaves on the bottom. The process of preparing these cakes is also a wonderful treat, as the fragrance from the pandan leaves makes my kitchen smell lovely.
- 200gr all purpose flour
- 200gr sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200gr shredded coconut
- 200ml coconut milk
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2tsp Ovalet (you can skip)
- Pandan pasta
How to prepare:
- Mixed coconut and saly them steam for about 10 minutes
- Brush your form with oil (you can buy at the nearest grocerries store (mini söckerkaka form)
- Fill with shredded coconuts and put aside
- Mix the eggs with Ovalet and sugar until it fluffy
- Add in salt, flour in steps with coconut milk and mix until everything
- pour in the pandan pasta and mix again
- Pour just 3/4 into the form, no need to fill it up
- Steamed for 10-12 minutes
- Take out when it’s done