This recipe I got it from Preppykitchen, since I am so in love everything with chocolate so Chocolate Ganache is a must for any chocolate cake I bake 🙂
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 cup chocolate 175g, semisweet or bittersweet
- 1/2 cup cream 120mL
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5mL, optional
H O W T O P R E P A R E
- Chop chocolate roughly. If using chocolate chips you can skip this step or give them a few swipes with the knife. Chopping chocolate into finer pieces adds surface area and lets the hot liquid melt it with less additional heat and chance of burning. Place in medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat cream either on the stovetop or in the microwave until just about to boil.
- Pour cream over chocolate, cover bowl with a plate and set aside for a minute.
- Mix chocolate until dissolved and glossy. If there are a few pieces of chocolate left unmelted microwave at 50% power for about 10 seconds and mix again.