Ayam Goreng Kremes (Indonesian Fried Chicken with Crunchy Bits)- Pieces of chicken is marinated in spices and then boiled and then quickly fried and served with crunchy bits (kremes) made separately.
This dishes is also one of my favourite dish in Indonesia. I remembered maybe around the 90’s the restaurant Mbok Berek and Nyonya Suharti served this dish and became popular and were the best one I guess. My Mom took us once a month to eat in one of the restaurant.
What a great memory 😍
I N G R E D I E N T S
F O R T H E C H I C K E N
- 1 whole chicken
- 8 Red Onions
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Stalks of Lemongrass
- 2 pieces of kafir leaves
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 Ginger segment
- 1 Laos segment
- 2 Turmeric segments
- 2tsp coriander
- 1tbsp Salt
- 2 tsp Powder Broth
F O R T H E F L A K E S
- 125gr tapioca flour
- 2tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- Salt to taste
- Approximately 350 ml of water (taken from the remaining water of the chicken meat)
H O W T O P R E P A R E
C H I C K E N
- Puree the spices for the chicken dish, except for the lime leaves, bay leaves and lemongrass
- Saute the spices until fragrant, add the chicken and stir briefly
- Add water approximately three quarters of the chicken
- Cook the chicken until cooked and the water has receded slightly
- Reserving approximately 350 ml of chicken dish water, to be mixed in the creamy dough.
F L A K E S
- Prepare the dough for the flakes
- Put tapioca flour, rice flour, egg yolk, salt, baking powder, and the remaining water of the chicken meat in one container.
- Stir until everything is well blended.
- Prepare hot oil in a frying pan, fry the chicken until browned.
- Then fry the flakes, take about half a spoonful of soup then pour into the hot oil in a circle. (make sure the noodles are really hot)
- Fry the flakes until brown and the foam is almost gone.
- 5 Serve the fried chicken along with the flakes