Sego Mawut is the mix between Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) and Bakmi Goreng (Fried Noodles). This dish is very popular in Indonesia among the Javanese people. Sego Mawut is one of the favorite Street Food in Java. I used to order the spicy one and drink the cold The Botol
I N G R E D I E N T S
- White rice
- Wet noodles
- Chicken breast, roughly chopped
- Meatballs, sliced
- Cabbages, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
- 2 shallots, crushed and finely chopped
- 1tbs sweet soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beat off
- salt to taste
- sugar to taste
- right amount of oil
H O W T O P R E P A R E
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of cooking oil, then saute garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Add the chicken breast and cook until it changes color. Next enter the meatballs and eggs, then cook until cooked.
- Then add the white rice and wet noodles. Stir until well blended. Season with soy sauce, salt and sugar.
- Finally, add the mustard greens and cabbage. Stir for 5 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Remove the it from the heat, then serve it while it’s warm.