Broedel Menado – A classic mix between bread and cake turn out to be a fabulous cake ever.
This Dutch influenced Sri Lanka cake with a milky yeasty fragrance with a soft but not so crumbly is really amazing!
This was my first try to bake the cake and it was not complicated at all. Thank you my dear @lidiatanod for the recipe you gave me and the tips how to bake it!
This cake is perfect for your afternoon or evening tea/coffee !
Recipe I got it from my dear friend Lidia Tanod
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 8 egg yolks (room temp)
- 200gr sugar
- 400gr flour
- 50gr full cream milk powder
- 250gr melt margarine or butter
- 1 pack of instant yeast
- 300ml of liquid milk (room temp)
- a little raisins and walnuts for topping
H O W T O P R E P A R E
- In a bowl, mix the flour, yeast, milk powder and half the sugar.
- Stir well. Pour the liquid milk little by little while stirring with a wooden spoon until well blended, cover with cling wrap. Put aside and let it rise for 20-30 minutes until fluffy.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and remaining sugar until just combined
- Mix with the flour mixture that has risen earlier.
- Stir with a wooden spoon or hands until smooth. Add margarine, mix well.
- Pour into a cake pan that has been greased with margarine and sprinkled with flour.
- Cover with a clean cloth and let rise until double in size (I needed 1 hour for the batter to rise, but it depends on the temperature and humidity)
- Bake at 350F or 180C for 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Use a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean and served