Juicy fluffy buns filled with almond paste, vanilla and butter. I always get to share the recipe after I treat my family and friends to these buns.
I N G R E D I E N T S :
PRE – DOUGH
- 500g milk [5 dl]
- 50g yeast
- 1 g of saffron
- 520 gr wheat flour [8.5 dl]
- 150g butter, room temperature
- 170 gr caster sugar [2 dl]
- 2 gr salt [2 krm]
- 320 gr wheat flour [5.5 dl]
- 250 gr almond mass
- 25g caster sugar [2 tbsp]
- 3 gr vanilla sugar [1 tsp]
- 120 gr butter, room temperature
Brushing and garnishing
- 1 egg
- sweet almonds, sliced
- pearl sugar
H O W T O P R E P A R E :
- Heat the milk with the saffron until finger warm and dissolve the yeast in it.
- Mix the milk with the wheat flour, knead into a fine dough. If you have a kitchen assistant, I recommend you use it with a hook, then knead the dough for 5 minutes.
- Let it remain with a cloth over it and rest for 15-20 min.
- Mix the remaining ingredients into the dough and process on medium speed until the dough feels smooth, shiny and begins to release the edges. If you don’t have a kitchen assistant, then it is important that you knead until you can’t take it anymore, only then is it ready.
- Let the dough rest under a cloth for about 20-30 minutes so that the dough releases its tension.
- Mix almond mass with caster sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Mix in the butter a little at a time until you have a smooth and nice filling.
- Roll out the dough, about 45×70 cm and about 0.5 cm thick dough on a lightly floured table.
- Spread the filling evenly over the dough.
- Grab the top of the dough and fold it over to make a half fold.
- Divide the dough into oblong strips and i twisted my buns and roll it ( see pic )
- Place the buns on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Allow to rise properly under a cloth for 1-2 hours.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Brush the buns with egg and sprinkle with slivered almonds and pearl sugar.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 13-15 minutes until your saffron buns have acquired a nice golden brown color.